So there was a butternut squash, acorn squash & 2 spaghetti squashes sitting on my counter staring at me. I literally played eenie meenie miney mo to decide which lucky little squash was going to be on my plate for dinner, and butternut won!
I don't make butternut squash alot so I was throwing ideas around in my head on how I should prepare it-- I really only know of three ways: soup, roasted & mashed. Roasting it seemed the quickest to prepare.
- 1 medium to large butternut squash
- 6 strips of bacon
- sea salt
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Cut in half & peel your butternut squash and remove the seeds. Then slice into 1 inch chunks.
- Throw into a roasting dish and toss with olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt, cinnamon & nutmeg
- cut your bacon strips into 1-2 inch pieces and lay on top of squash
- LIGHTLY drizzle maple syrup over the top of bacon
- Put in oven and roast for approximately 45-50 minutes, until bacon is cooked and squash is soft.
Easy clean up and now Kyle and I are about to hash it out for the tv, Monday Night Football vs. The Voice... I WILL WIN! :]