Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Stuffed Chicken

Here's the truth about me: I AM A FOODIE. I've never thought about it that way until last week at family dinner when I wouldn't shut up about recipes and playing around in the kitchen. My uncle looked at me and said "DAMN you're a f-o-o-d-i-e aren't you!?" .....Sigh. 'Tis true. My love for food and cooking has overtaken my life! But.....ask me if I mind!? :] Possible inspiration for a new blog name....
Anyway, here is the recipe for what I made for dinner tonight, and it was OMG good. Remember when I said that my almond crusted tilapia was one of the best things I've ever made? I lied. Tonights dinner topped it for sure! A few weeks ago my sister in law made a bacon wrapped chicken with rosemary, so I decided to take it a step further and add in my favorite veggie.

The real name for this meal should be: The Delicious, Mouth-Watering, Savory Bacon Wrapped Asparagus and Garlic Stuffed Chicken Topped with Rosemary and Balsamic Vinegar Oven Roasted to Perfection. Yes, I think like that better.

Ingredients
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts (or however many for the hungry mouths you're feeding)
  • bacon (2 pieces per chicken breast)
  • 1/2 bag frozen asparagus, or handful if you're using fresh. I'm sure you could use any veggie you want, really. I bet spinach would be yummy too!
  • 3 garlic cloves, chopped into larger chunks
  • Rosemary
  • Olive oil
  • Balsamic Vinegar
  • Salt & Pepper

  1. First, preheat your oven to 350.
  2. Start by tenderizing your chicken. ANYONE who says that meat tenderizing isn't fun is a gosh damn liar. Pound the crap out of those little gems until theyre nice and flat.


3. Put in a pan and cover in a mixture of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle some rosemary on top and let marinate for 15-20 minutes.
 
 
4. While the chicken is marinating, Heat up a skillet to medium and toss in your asparagus. I used frozen so I threw those in with the chunks of garlic and let that cook through.
 
5. Once the asparagus & garlic are cooked, transfer it to the chicken. I piled it all at one end and just rolled it up.
 
6. Carefully wrap each piece of chicken with 2 pieces of bacon and secure with a few tooth picks.
 
 
7. I drizzled some more basamic vinegar on top and sprinkled them with rosemary. I also added some salt and pepper. 

8. Put in the oven uncovered for about 40 minutes. It may take longer depending on the thickness of your bacon, how many chicken breasts you have, etc. You'll just have to keep checking on them.

I know, I know. The picture quality on my iphone camera is just out of this world amazing.
 
 
Pair this little masterpiece with some grilled veggies and you gotchurself a nice healthy, paleo, whole30 approved, WLC approved meal-i-o. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment