Friday, August 24, 2012

"The Vegetable Diaries"

ok guys.. I just have to tell you right now that I'm OBSESSED with cooking so probably 90% of my blogs are going to be about what I made for dinner... hope you dont mind:]

So tonight Kyles mom, sister and best friend came over for dinner and I wanted to make something delish! Every night our meals consist of a meat and a veggie. ALWAYS. the hard part is deciding which veggie! I couldn't, so I chose a few. I chose red potatoes (not the BEST choice for our nutrition plan right now but they work when feeding alot of people), zucchini, onions, green pepper & garlic. I chopped everything up and tossed it into a bowl.

Next I added olive oil (enough to coat the veggies), lemon juice, garlic salt, onion salt, pepper, liquid aminos, and alittle bit of cayenne pepper. Like i said before, I don't measure. so I have no idea how much of everything I put in. I'm actually surprised that I just remembered what i put in it because I get so excited when i go through the spice cabinet that i add this and that and some more of this and some more of that and all of a sudden im standing there looking at it wondering wht the heck its going to taste like. but that's the fun part right?!
 
Then we made "boats" as Kyle likes to call them out of aluminum foil to put the veggies in on the grill. They probably cooked for about 15-20 minutes.
 
 
 

This was such a yummy side to our steak dinner!

But of course we had to have dessert too................................ and what better dessert than grilled fruit!? Im telling you, when I said Kyle and I love to grill, we LOVE TO GRILL.

So for this I just halved and quartered some peaches and drizzled them with honey and a little bit of cinnamon..

Now these dont take nearly as long on the grill as the veggies do, probably about 7-9 minutes. they come out so warm and perfect and delicious and who the HECK needs cake and brownies for desserts when you can make something as amazing as this!?
 
 
Now its time to snuggle up with my blanket and pinterest and relax for the night to get ready for my 5 mile run tomorrow at Oliver Winery with my sister! 

No comments:

Post a Comment