Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Zucchini Adventures

So I hope everyone has access to a grill. If not, you're missing out on a major treasure that this life has to offer. Here in the Roth/Guerrettaz household we grill EVERY night. I have really gotten into experimenting with different foods because lets face it-- everything just tastes better when cooked over fire :].

So tonight was girls night with my brand new sister in law and one of the things I made was grilled zucchini. One because it's so stinkin cheap right now and two because its just that yummy. But let me tell you-- HOLY SMOKES it was delicious!! So delicious that i felt that I needed to share the recipe, Even though it's not really a recipe I just threw it all together and it tasted magical.

ANYWAYS-- take as many zucchini as you like. I was feeding 4 people so I used about 6 medium sized zucchini and cut them lengthwise into quarters.

next I drizzled the top with olive oil-- be generous with it! it cant hurt :]

Then I sprinkled them with black pepper, sea salt, and lemon pepper. Then I got to feeling really frisky in the kitchen so I drizzled the top with liquid aminos too. I dont use measurements so just use as much as your little heart desires :]

Throw those puppies on the grill and let em cook for about 10-12 minutes. I still like my veggies SOMEWHAT crunchy so it was just the right amount of time to make those pretty little grill marks on the zucchini and taste perfect like heaven in my mouth. I would have taken a picture but I didn't come up with the idea to post it on my blog until I had devoured them all, so i hope you take my word for it and try it yourself ! :]

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Nothing better than vegetables on the grill - except veggies on the grill with your best girlfriends!!! Excellent share.

    Heck, while you're at it, do the same with yellow squash, onions, peppers, asparagus....SO MANY OPTIONS!!!!! Sounds like you guys ate all of the ones you cooked (understandable!) but I often will roast up a "crap load" of veggies and then have them cold (they are delicious cold) the next few days or cut them up and throw them in eggs, etc. In fact, I think you just settled what I am doing for dinner tonight - thanks Jenna!

    ReplyDelete