Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Banana Nut Dessert

So after my rant about the fairy, it's obvious that I have cravings during the Week from Hell, mostly my sweet tooth. That's why I came up with this little treat and let me tell you, it COMPLETELY satisfied my craving! It was also extremely easy and paleo friendly (which gets two thumbs up in my book!)

Banana Nut Melt

Ingredients:
1 banana
1/2 cup raw walnuts
cinnamon
honey
butter
(sorry, like I've said before I don't measure)

Heat up the skillet to medium and melt some butter. Next toss in your walnuts to let them toast. Next drizzle some honey on top and add a dash of cinnamon. Do not walk away from these puppies! they cook pretty fast and you must constantly stir them or else they will burn. They usually take about 5 minutes, based on how done you want them. Remove from pan and set aside.


Next peel your banana and cut into slices about 1/2 inch thick. melt a little more butter in the pan and toss those in. Drizzle them with honey and a dash of cinnamon. These do not need a lot at all because as the banana melts a little it carmelizes and it makes it's own little sauce. Just like the nuts, do not walk away from these! they cook fairly quick as well, about 5 minutes.

Once melted and carmelized, removed from pan and top with walnuts and ENJOY. I got a whole lot of positive feedback from Kyle and his friend, telling me that it was the best dessert they've ever had! Now they could have been just trying to make me feel good but I guess that's just something you'll have to find out for yourself! but trust me-- TRY THIS :]

1 comment: