Sunday, September 9, 2012

Candied Pecans

SWEET TOOTH.. WE MEET AGAIN! damn you for coming around when I'm trying to push you out of my life! But here I am, giving in. **HUGE SIGH**

I officially have 1 week left until the Whole Life Challenge, and the funny thing about it is that out of the whole program I'm more concerned about the fact that I'm not going to be able to have my honey or maple syrup than I am anything else, haha! Can we all say p-r-o-b-l-e-m? I OBVIOUSLY have a sugar addiction so this 8 week hiatus will be a blessing in disguise.

ANYWAYS, SINCE I cannot have either of these two little treasures after this week, I had to make one of my favorites to satisfy my sweet tooth. Since it's late at night, I try to stay away from fruit and try to gravitate more towards nuts and healthy fats. I reached for my fav: PECANS :]. this little dish is perfect for a mini craving and completely satisfies!

CANDIED PECANS

3/4 cup raw pecans
honey
maple syrup
sea salt

Heat the pan to medium and toss in the pecans. Drizzle with honey and maple syrup and sprinklewith sea salt (because I am a huge fan of sweet & salty combo). Stir consistently until lightly browned. Remove from heat and enjoy :]

No comments:

Post a Comment