Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Paleo Tuna Salad

My mom makes the BEST tuna salad. EVER. I used to eat it like it was my job! The only problem is, it is definitely not paleo-friendly. So I decided to come up with my own tuna salad recipe that I could eat for lunch, because lets face it, WHO doesnt like tuna salad for lunch!?!?

I was playing around in the kitchen one day (go figure) and threw together the most tasty tuna salad that was completely paleo. The fun part is, everytime I make it, it's never the same! I literally throw in whatever's in my fridge at the time or whatever spices that I'm feelin! How easy is that? So I'm going to share the recipe that I made tonight, but it's so versatile that it can be altered HOWEVER you want it to be! Keep in mind.. i have a very HARD time measuring... i literally just throw things in and see how it tastes so my measurements might be off, youll just have to taste as you go!

Ingredients:
2 cans tuna
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/4 of a bell pepper any color, diced
1 hard boiled egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 tsp-ish lemon juice
1/2 tsp-ish lime juice
1/2 tsp-ish mustard (make sure its paleo friendly!)
1/2 tsp-ish liquid aminos
dash garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste

It seems like alot of ingredients but I got excited and just kept adding to it! taste as you go and see what YOU want to add! That's why I love tuna salad, it goes with anything! i usually eat mine over a bed of spinach but sometimes i just eat it right out of the bowl like this! so delish!


No comments:

Post a Comment